Manage Your Home’s Ventilation
Remember the following if you plan to cool your home with ventilation:
- Learn how air flows naturally through your house.
- Take advantage of cool night air, and ventilate your home by natural or mechanical methods.
- Keep a clear path for airflow both inside and outside your windows.
- Close windows, doors, and window coverings in the morning before your house starts to heat up.
- Avoid producing heat in your house when it’s hot outside.
- Wear cool clothing.
- Raise your air-conditioning thermostat to a more economical temperature. Turn it off completely if you’ll be gone for an extended period.